Waits for a character from the current input stream.
|6502||Z80||6809||PDP11||80x86||32016||ARM||On entry:||On exit:|
|A||A||A||R0||AL||R1||R0||-||= byte read|
If an error occured (usually, Escape being pressed), then the carry flag is set on exit. If the error was Escape, then A will be &1B.
Calling from BBC BASIC
- BBC BASIC Entry Address: &FFE0
- 6502 Entry Address: &FFE0, vectors via &0210
- Z80 Entry Address: &FFE0, vectors via &FFE1
- 6809 Entry Address: &FFE0, vectors via &FFE1
- 80x86 Entry Address: INT &46, vectors via 0000:0118
- 32000 Entry Address: SVC &05
- PDP-11 Entry Address: EMT 5, vector &05
- ARM Entry Address: SWI &04 "OS_ReadC", vector &04
All MOSs implement OSRDCH. Some systems allow
BGET#0 to read from the character input stream via OSRDCH.
Jgharston 17:02, 6 November 2009 (UTC)