65816 Second Processor
A 65816 external second processor designed by John Kortink. It has a 65816 processor and 512K of RAM and can run at up to 14MHz. It has the following features:
- Fully compatible with the original 6502 second processor. Can run the 3MHz 65C02 from an existing second processor.
- Can run a contemporary 14MHz (WDC) 65C02 or 65C816 at full speed (accessing the Tube ULA at 3MHz).
- Provides 512K of memory instead of 64K, usable by bankswitching (65C02) or as linear memory (65C816).
- One or two 32K ROM banks offers room for extended boot code (bank to use can be selected by a jumper).
- Consumes much less power than the original (310mA against 640mA @ 3MHz, and only 340mA at 14MHz).