Write (put) a byte
|6502||Z80||6809||PDP11||80x86||32016||ARM||On entry:||On exit:|
|A||A||A||R0||AL||R1||R0||= byte to write||preserved|
An error is generated is the object is a directory or doesn't have write access. The EOF-error-flag is cleared.
Calling from BBC BASIC
Some systems allow
BPUT#0 to write to the character output stream via OSWRCH.
- BBC BASIC Entry Address: &FFD4
- 6502 Entry Address: &FFD4, vectors via &0218
- Z80 Entry Address: &FFD4, vectors via &FFD5
- 6809 Entry Address: &FFD4, vectors via &FFD5
- 80x86 Entry Address: INT &42, vectors via 0000:0108
- 32000 Entry Address: SVC &0E
- PDP-11 Entry Address: EMT 10, vector &0A
- ARM Entry Address: SWI &0B "OS_BPut", vector &0B
OSBPUT is implemented by all filing systems that allow writing.
Jgharston 16:57, 6 November 2009 (UTC)