Read (get) a byte
|6502||Z80||6809||PDP11||80x86||32016||ARM||On entry:||On exit:|
|A||A||A||R0||AL||R1||R0||-||= byte read|
If the byte read is after the end of file, the carry flag is set on exit and the EOF-error-flag is set. After the EOF byte has been read, the next read produces an error. An error is generated if the object is a directory or doesn't have read access.
Calling from BBC BASIC
Some systems allow
BGET#0 to read from the character input stream via OSRDCH.
- BBC BASIC Entry Address: &FFD7
- 6502 Entry Address: &FFD7, vectors via &0216
- Z80 Entry Address: &FFD7, vectors via &FFD8
- 6809 Entry Address: &FFD7, vectors via &FFD8
- 80x86 Entry Address: INT &43, vectors via 0000:010C
- 32000 Entry Address: SVC &0D
- PDP-11 Entry Address: EMT 9, vector &09
- ARM Entry Address: SWI &0A "OS_BGet", vector &0A
All filing systems implement OSBGET.
Jgharston 16:56, 6 November 2009 (UTC)